Saturday, May 26, 2007

"We live in an age disturbed, confused, bewildered, afraid of its own forces, in search not merely of its road, but even of its direction." --Woodrow T. Wilson

Last night I had the most bizarre dream. It bewildered me, and made me a bit curious as to what it meant. I contacted someone I knew as an acquaintance and asked them to interpret it for me. She said she would be happy to do so. The results confused me greatly, even though the dream seems to be straightforward.

The dream:

My dream started out with me on an airplane. Then suddenly, it landed and I was standing on the bank of a lake next to a faceless man. Half of the lakes edge was engulfed in flames. I was looking onto a wall of fire across the water. The man turned in my direction and said "isn't it beautiful?". Then I woke up.


The interpretation of the dream was as follows:

Being that you start out your dream journey on a plane, you are eager for change, and have found a scary yet comfortable change that you want to happen quickly. When you land, and are standing by the lake with the strange man, your mind is telling you that you have found the change that is right for you. The faceless man in your dream resembles two things. He indicates that you are still searching for your own identity and finding out who you are and what you want. He also represents a person you are longing to know and understand on a deeper level. The lake in your dream resembles an emotional doubt towards a current relationship. Feeling a sense of warmth is telling you, you yearn for a sense of unconditional love that you are not currently receiving. You feel peace in your dream because, an end or a resolution to an emotional issue or inner conflict is on its way. It signals an end of an old cycle and the pause before the beginning of a new endeavor. The fire around the lake means that there is pain and fear regarding a relationship. The fire being, you not able to let it go. It resembles pent up emotion. The flames, being that they were a wall around half of the lake, resemble a barrier in your life. It is telling you that you need to burn the barrier. Presumably, to make change that needs to take course.


Now looking back on the dream and its supposed meaning, I am left baffled and confused. I'm not too sure of how I should take this dream, or of its true meaning. I think i've gone and lost my mind. Any thoughts?

HEART YOU ALL!

Romy

No comments: