Monday, March 05, 2007

“Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections." -Unknown

Have you ever experienced a feeling of perfection in its purest form? As afternoon faded into evening, I experienced a feeling of relief, perfection, and happiness. It was comforting, to say the least. It all started around 4:15pm. I tuned into 93.3 on the radio, and listened to the relaxing sounds of Hey There Delilah by The Plain White Tee’s. As the music flooded my ears, I pulled some items out of my refrigerator, and began preparing an appetizer to take to the neighbors. I spread the cream cheese on the tortillas, sprinkled on the olives and the peppers, and sang along to the relaxing tune. The song faded out, and was followed by a few more delightfully relaxing songs. After my tortillas were rolled and cut, I plopped myself down on my couch. It was abnormally warm today, so the balcony door was open, and a nice cool breeze was circulating itself through my small apartment. It was nice to just be able to close my eyes and sip my water for even a short moment. I was able to just relax, unwind, and clear my head. I daydreamed a bit. Thought about moving to Seattle, starting over, and making a better life for myself and my daughter. All in all, I couldn’t ask for a better day.

<3 Romy

No comments: