Friday, June 05, 2009

“There are seeds of self-destruction in all of us that will bear only unhappiness if allowed to grow.” -Dorothea Brande

As always, I've managed to break another promise. Shame and guilt have made way through my veins and into my heart. But despite these feelings, I can't help but push away the desire to change. I thought that I could change who I was. Well, a piece of who I was, rather, and I'm quickly learning that that is just not possible. What exactly is a person to do when mirrors play tricks and food taunts? When clothes strangle and strangers silently laugh? It is not a game; Not a cry for attention; But a beast. A beast that resides inside me. And when I'm most vulnerable... BAM! He strikes. Slowly stripping away flesh, piece by piece, skipped meal by skipped meal. Leaving a walking, breathing, talking, skeletal shell. A hollow impression of a woman that once saw daylight, but has been banished to darkness. A dark, lonely, road of self destruction. For what? Nothing. Nothing but an empty plate and a struggle.

No comments: