Thursday, December 06, 2007

"What a wonderful life I had. I only wish i'd realized it sooner."--Sidonie Gabrielle

December. What is it about this time of year that depresses me most? Ask me any year prior to this, and I would have told you a multitude of reasons. But now, looking back on all of the past holidays, The Christmas's, the New Years; they all seem so wonderful in comparison to what I'm facing this year. The petty family fights, the sibling squabbles, the arguments over money; it all seems so trivial.

Generally, I welcome change with open arms. I thrive off of change. Constant, steady, change. But this year, I'm absolutely terrified of the change the Holidays are planning on sneaking up with. I'm clinging to false hope, just in case I have that brief opportunity to grasp onto the normalcy that my family once possessed. The traditions they spent generations creating, are fading into the boxes and boxes of photographic proof, that they once existed.

No comments: